Adventure Sports ClubArchery
Call following number for information about leagues and activities: Baseball
Youth baseball leagues are coordinated by parents in the community. Call the following numbers for more details about sign-up and schedules:
- West Lafayette Little League President Rob Kochon 463-7195
- Pony Baseball (ages 13-14) Matt Wagner 746-0279
- Baseball (ages 9-12) Stu Kline 497-9249
- Softball (ages 9-12) Tim Bobillo 743-2820 or Laura Bittner 497-4351
- Junior Softball (ages 7-8) Laura Bittner 497-4351
- Junior Baseball (ages 7-8) Randy Truitt 463-1737
- Instructional Baseball Tee-Ball (ages 5-6) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ferrell.email@example.com
- American Legion: 497-2322
- Armstrong Park: 479-3968/474-9716
- Colt World Series: 474-4670
- Foundation League (children with disabilities): 463-5681
- Lafayette Family YMCA (beginner): 474-3448 Lafayette Youth Baseball: 474-9716
- McAllister Recreation Center (t-ball): 807-1360
- McCaw Park (ages 5-12 including t-ball): 427-5231/447-0409
- Traveling Team (ages 13-14): 447-1003 or 742-1195
Adult and youth leagues are available at various locations throughout Greater Lafayette. Several facilities offer open gym hours.
- West Lafayette Parks and Recreation (grade school basketball for 2 nd & 3 rd grades): 775-5110
- Foundations League (children with disabilities): 463-5681
- Lafayette Family YMCA (youth, open gym): 474-3448
- Lafayette Spinners (adult with disabilities): 447-1956
- McAllister Recreation Center (adult, open gym):807-1360
- Lyn Treece Boys & Girls Club (youth): 742-2991
- Shadeland Community Center (adult): 474-5264
Leagues and casual bowling opportunities are available at the three bowling centers located in Lafayette.
- Mike Aulby's Arrowhead Lanes: 477-6500
- Market Square Lanes: 447-4106
- Purdue Memorial Union: 494-8990
- Star Lanes: 742-0443
- Hodges Canoe Trips (Canoe trips on the Tippecanoe River): 2761 North 1275 West, Delphi, IN 46923. 765-564-6806
- Turkey Run Canoe Trips (Canoe, kayak and tube trips on Sugar Creek): 8449 North Indiana 41, Bloomingdale, IN 47832. 765-569-6705/765-597-2456
- Sugar Valley Canoe Trips (Canoe, kayak and tube trips on Sugar Creek, one mile from Turkey Run State Park): 1467 East Indiana 47, Marshall, IN 47832. 800-422-6638/765-597-2364
- Clements Canoes Outdoor Center (Canoe, kayak and tube trips down Sugar Creek): 8295 West Indiana 234, Waveland, IN 47989. 765-435-7285
- Wildcat Canoe & Kayak Too: 1850 N. 725 E, Lafayette 589-8081
Both West Lafayette and Lafayette have been designated as Bicycle Friendly Communities. Group rides and other activities are available.
- Wabash River Cycling Club : P.O. Box 1243, Lafayette, IN 47902
- Tippecanoe Disc Golf Club 447-9593 or 479-2509
Call the following number for more information about competitive diving: Football - Youth
Youth leagues are available to help teach football skills.
- Little Gridiron: 427-0527 David Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lafayette 56ers: 447-1930
- West Lafayette K-4 Flag Football League: 743-8028
The Greater Lafayette area has several 18-hole golf courses.
- Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex: 494-3139
- Battle Ground Golf Club: 567-2178
- Coyote Crossing: 497-1061
- Edwood Glen: 463-1100
- Elks: 463-2332
- Lafayette: 476-4588
- Ravines: 497-7888
Both instructions and competitive opportunities are available.
- Dance Moves and Gymnastics (competitive) 446-8446
- Cheer Express: 742-2700
- Lafayette Family YMCA (instructional): 474-3448
- Lyn Treece Boys and Girls Club (instructional): 742-2991
- Malone's Gymnastics Center West: 464-1878
- Billy Reeves Stable: 5731 Indiana 25 South, West Point, IN 47992. 765-572-2855.
- Foxton Farm Stables: 12711 South 400 East, Romeny 538-3123
Regular competitions are held at the courts located in Lyboult Sports Park.
- Lafayette Horseshoe Pitching Club: 589-8470
Available during the winter months (Nov. - Feb.) weather permitting.
- Riverside Skating Center : 743-RINK (743-7465)
Instructional and self-defense classes are frequently offered at different times throughout the year. Paintball Fields
- Arrows III Adventures: 2888 Indiana 25 North, Lafayette, IN 47905. 765-429-4747.
- Paintball Barn: 5800 North 820 East, Attica, IN 47918. 765-572-2352.
Airplane modelers learn how to build and pilot their radio-controlled aircraft.
- Lafayette Cloud Jockeys: 463-5764
Instruction and leagues at Shamrock Park. Roller Skating
Roller skating and other fun activities. Running
Running and jogging enthusiast of all ages can enjoy socials and other activities. Sailing
Recreational sailing, racing and other social activities.
- Lafayette Sailing Club (Southeastern tip of Lake Freeman)
Snow trips and many fun off-season activities.
- Lafayette Ski Club: 474-4293
Soccer League play and instruction is available for children age 5-14. Leagues are also available for older and more advanced players.
- Greater Lafayette Recreations Soccer Alliance (youth) : 477-1400 e-mail: email@example.com
- Tippecanoe Soccer Association
Recreational activities for adults and youths with mental or developmental challenges. Softball - Adult
Leagues available for men, women and coed. Softball - Girls
Softball leagues for girls.
- West Lafayette Little League Girls Softball (ages 9-12): Tim Bobillo 743-2828 or Laura Bittner 497-4351
- West Lafayette Little League Junior Softball Girls (ages 7-8): Laura Bittner 497-4351
- Indiana Magic: 448-4131
- Lafayette Metro Girls Softball: 447-7555
- Prophetstown State Park : Located where the Tippecanoe River meets the Wabash River near Battle Ground. Restored prairie, wetlands, wet slopes called fens, and open woodlands, picnic shelter, playgrounds , hiking, bicycle trails, camping and seasonal Interpretive Naturalist Services. P.O. Box 327, Battle Ground, IN 47920. 765-567-4919. Indiana's newest state park. And while you are there, visit Historic Prophetstown, with the 1920s farmstead, the restored prairie, and Native American Village.
- Shades State Park : Located about 17 miles southwest of Crawfordsville on Indiana 47, the park is a favorite for hikers and canoeists. The sandstone cliffs overlooking Sugar Creek and numerous shady ravines provide the backdrop for your journey through this nature lover's paradise. Route 1, Box 72, Waveland, IN 47989. 765-435-2810.
- Turkey Run State Park : You'll marvel at the natural geologic wonders of this park as you hike along its famous trails. Deep canyons nestled in the shadows of sandstone cliffs and peaceful hemlock groves are some of the most ruggedly beautiful hiking trails in the state. You'll enjoy exploring the area by foot or on horseback. Flowing through the heart of the park, Sugar Creek is a good resource for canoeing and fishing. Route 1, Box 164, Marshall, IN 47859. 765-597-2635.
- Boilermaker Aquatics Swim Club
- Lafayette Area Aquatics: 449-8236
- Lafayette Swim Club: 474-2562 or 474-4512
Swim lessons for different ages and abilities.
- West Lafayette Parks and Recreation: 775-5110
- Lafayette Parks & Recreation (Castaway Bay): 807-1500
- Lafayette Family YMCA: 474-3448
- YWCA: 742-0075
Tennis instruction for youth and adults. Track and Field
Summer program offering track and field competition. Ultra Light Flying
Fans of small-engine aircraft. Volleyball
Adult leagues for volleyball action. Wrestling
Competition in local and state tournaments in freestyle and folk style wrestling open to children and adults.
- River City Wrestling Club: 234-2336 firstname.lastname@example.org